Today in story hour, we were celebrating Christmas! For our last song, we sang “Kling, Glöckchen, Klingelingeling”. But you can’t sing that without some jingle bells, right?! So we crafted our own little jingle bell instruments.
For the craft, you only need 2 materials: pipe cleaners in two different colors and some jingle bells! Make sure your bells have a large enough hole at the top for stringing the pipe cleaner through.
1. String the jingle bells on to one of the pipe cleaners.
2. Twist the second pipe cleaner around the first one with the jingle bells.
3. Bring the ends together to make a circle. Twist the ends to close the circle. Then tuck the ends around the circle. Remember, pipe cleaners often have a sharp end, so try to tuck those points out of the way as best as you can.
Need the lyrics to the song? You can view or download them here: Weihnachtslieder. Also included are the lyrics for “O Tannenbaum” and “Alle Jahre Wieder.”
If you’re looking for some children’s books about Christmas, we read these three in story hour:
- Frohe Weihnachten, kleine Tiere (arsEdition, 2015)
- Weihnachten ist bald (arsEdition, 2010)
- Wir freuen uns auf Weihnachten (Ravensburger, 2010)
3 thoughts on “Jingle Bells”
Pingback: Fröhliche Weihnachten! | Deutsche Lesestunde
Pingback: Kling, Glöckchen! | German in the Afternoon Activities
Pingback: Klingelingeling! Jingle Bells | German in the Afternoon Activities