In this crazy year of Covid, we are facing so many new challenges. In school, one challenge we face is singing in the classroom. While the weather was nice outside, we were able to sing (with masks on). Now that it is getting colder and we are moving back into the classrooms, we have been asked not to sing. So we are getting creative! Music is such a big part of the fun we have in our language classroom. I will still play songs for the children to hear. But they won’t be able to sing along. And so to help them – and their families – learn the songs at home, I am posting videos of the songs on a YouTube channel. I also will have blog posts with lyrics and other accompanying materials for families to download. This page is the one-stop source for all of these links! It is a work in progress, so be sure to stop back!
- Hallo und Guten Tag! (Hello and Good Day!) – Our “hello” song – video coming soon!
- Farbenlied (Color Song) – song – post has video, lyrics, & coloring page
- Fünf kleine Fische (Five Little Fish) – song – post has video, lyrics & coloring pages
- Baby Hai (Baby Shark) – song (YouTube video – has lyrics in the video)
- Die Mausfamilie (The Mouse Family) – finger play
- Zahlen (Numbers) – This post has a video link and a variety of materials to practice numbers.
- Zehn kleine Zappelfinger (Ten Little Fidgety Fingers) – finger play
- Words to the finger play & coloring page
- YouTube video – coming soon!
- Wetter (Weather)
- Video link and materials to practice weather words. There is also a chart you can print out, so you can chart the weather each day.
- Weather vocabulary cards in a larger size
Holidays & Culture
November 11th: Martinstag
December 6th: Nikolaus
- “Lasst und froh und Munter sein” – song to celebrate Nikolaus:
- Lacing boot craft