Today’s story comes again from the collection of Grimm’s fairy tales. It’s a shorter story today.
This story is not as well-known here in the US. It’s about a girl who is given a magic pot that cooks sweet porridge. My students have heard it before, so I hope they enjoy it again.
I don’t love the ending. I think it is a bit confusing. Basically it says that whoever goes into the city had to eat their way through the sweet porridge. But that is not the easiest thing to understand. Maybe one day I’ll come up with a different ending….
Instructions for TWS students:
- Watch the video (below)
- Write the story into your German Story Listening Log (Get it HERE if you need it!)
- Choose ONE of the following exercises to complete. Take a picture of your completed work or take a video and email it back to me.
- Retell the story to someone in English – take a video or make an audio recording.
- Write a summary of the story in English – take a picture of it or record yourself reading it.
- Draw your favorite scene from the story. Remember to put the story title on it! Take a picture.
- Watch the video again and read along. (See the text below) Take a picture of your log, so we know you heard the story.
* If you feel frustrated while watching the story, because you do not understand, please stop and choose another story!
If you are a teacher looking for some materials to go with the story, you can find some in this post!
To read along with the story, here is the text: