I’m SO excited! The 3rd & 4th graders have just started a unit on traditional literature, and they are beginning with fairy tales! This is perfect for Story Listening! So I am planning to tell a fairy tale every day for the rest of the week.
Today’s lesson is Rotkäppchen (Little Red Riding Hood). I recently told the story to the 3rd graders, so it would be more of a review for them.
Instructions for TWS students:
- Watch the video (below)
- Write the story into your German Story Listening Log (Get it HERE if you need it!)
- Choose ONE of the following exercises to complete. Take a picture of your completed work or take a video and email it back to me.
- Retell the story to someone in English – take a video or make an audio recording.
- Write a summary of the story in English – take a picture of it or record yourself reading it.
- Draw your favorite scene from the story. Remember to put the story title on it! Take a picture.
- Watch the video again and read along. (See the text below) Take a picture of your log, so we know you heard the story.
* If you feel frustrated while watching the story, because you do not understand, please stop and choose another story!
Here is the text, if you would like to read along with the story: